Here's my Top 10 list on why you shouldn't spend any time or money on bridal gown care, including bridal gown cleaning and preservation.
10. Your gown is so UGLY that nobody would ever want to wear that wedding dress again...and it's so ugly that you don't ever want to see it again after your wedding.
9. You just plan on hanging your wedding dress in your closet and since you have plenty of closet space you can leave it there for the next 20 years. After all, you have no use for the half of the closet your wedding gown takes up anyway. A cleaned and preserved wedding dress placed in an archival-quality treasure chest only takes up the space of a medium-sized suit case. What will you do with all of that extra space then?
8. You don't plan on having children so no one will ever want to wear your wedding dress again, including your sister, your best friend, your aunt, a neighbor, your mother (well, it could happen!), a cousin, a niece, a daughter of your best friend...or someone who just can't afford to buy her own wedding dress!
7. You don't plan on selling your wedding gown, so it can just hang in the closet, stains and all, with the seams stretching. Who knows...over time you might have a beautiful, multi-colored wedding dress!
6. PETA loves you. You are kind to all sorts of critters. Moths and their larvae love to munch on traces of food. They just love wedding cake so leave some on your wedding dress and don't get your wedding dress cleaned and preserved. The critters will love your for it. This might even add some decorative holes to your wedding dress so there is really no reason to clean and preserve your wedding dress.
5. Since nobody sweats in Birmingham, Vestavia Hills, Chelsea, Hoover, Sylacauga, Homewood, Mountain Brook (I guess just about anywhere in Alabama)...especially in the summer, there is no need to clean your wedding dress.
4. You can save a couple of hundred bucks and invest it in the stock market rather than invest in a wedding gown cleaning. Think how much money you will have in 20 years. Nobody loses in the stock market!
3. You won't need to get your wedding dress cleaned since most brides in Alabama don't use makeup. Since you don't have to worry about makeup stains getting on your wedding gown, you just won't need to get it cleaned.
2. Because every bride-to-be who tried on that second hand wedding dress you bought at the consignment shop was clean and had washed her hands before she tried on the gown, you really don't need to clean the wedding dress before your wedding.
AND THE TOP REASON TO NOT CLEAN AND PRESERVE YOUR WEDDING DRESS IS...
1. You don't want to keep your wedding memories fresh and alive...for ten years, 20 years or even 40 years (that's where my wife, Sherry, and I will be on June 27 this year)...don't even consider finding a certified wedding gown specialist and getting your wedding dress cleaned and preserved. After all, who cares???