You can clean and preserve your wedding dress but will that guarantee your wedding dress will be in great shape in 25 years?
While you will have a big advantage over someone who does not preserve her wedding dress...that will not guarantee your dress will be in good shape for the next generation.
Here are my tips to any Bride wanting to preserve her wedding dress for the next generation and beyond:
- Clean and preserve your wedding dress as soon after the wedding as possible.
Select an experienced and qualified wedding dress specialist to clean and preserve your wedding dress. Use a Certified Wedding Gown SpecialistTM.
Keep it stored away from kids and pets...especially cats.
- Keep it stored in the climate controlled area of your home...never in an attic or basement without HVAC.
Store the preserved wedding dress up off the floor because you never know when pipes may break and your flood the floor
Don't stack things on or around it. The preservation chest needs to breathe to allow fresh air circulate around the wedding dress, reducing the chance of the gown yellowing over the years.
Take a look at your wedding dress every 3 years to identify and address any problems that might be developing.
Here are some links to related articles I have written:
- The Silent Killers of Your Wedding Gown
- Wedding Gown Cleaning and Preservation - Vintage Gowns
- Can I Hold My Wedding Dress After It's Preserved?
FREE Pressing or Steaming Of You Wedding Dress
We will press or steam your wedding dress before your wedding at no additional charge when your purchase a wedding dress cleaning and preservation before your wedding.