Here's what I asked snd suggested:
- Remember that while your wedding dress is a central part of your wedding, the focus is on you. Most people will be looking at you and not the imperfections on the wedding dress.
- Consider applying a little baby powder to hide the dirt. That will last a while and can serve as a good camouflage on a white wedding dress.
- If you must work on the wedding dress, is it polyester, silk or some other fabric? If it is polyester, you can consider washing the dress yourself. But think about this: What if the washing causes more problems than just the dirt or stain. Would you be better off leaving it alone? If it is silk or most other fabrics, I would not recommend you washing it at home.
- If the wedding gown is polyester, a diluted mix of Dawn and water applied gently to a dirt stain, will help. Blot with clean water on a white cotton towel to remove the dirt and water. Allow it to dry on its own if you have time. Apply low heat with a blow dryer if time is short.
- Can you get the wedding dress to us and we will help you? This is a shameless plug for my business, but if you are in Birmingham, Alabama, we will do everything possible to help you out of this situation.
Protect Your Wedding Dress In Birmingham, Alabama Before Your Wedding With Our Own Gown Protection Plan. For only $35.00 we'll help you keep your wedding gown looking great.
Learn about our Gown Protection Plan here.