Recording your wedding memories through a professional wedding photgrapher is a major decision in your wedding plan.
Make sure you're getting a true wedding professional.
Nothing can take the memories of a beautiful wedding away from a bride, but a photo album full of professional pictures would certainly help keep those wedding memories strong. Choosing a wedding photographer, however, can be a lot harder than it seems.
Here are six tips about what to look for in a wedding photographer so you're sure to get exactly what you need on your wedding day.
1. LOCATION - Consider the location of your wedding and the location of the photographer. It is usually best to hire a photographer who is familiar with the event location so he/she can take you to the best spots for a photo op.
2. REVIEWS - Always, always, always…look at reviews from past customers. Talk to recently wedded friends about their photographer. From a wedding dress dry cleaner to a caterer, reviews will always be your best source of honest feedback for a specific service.
3. PERSONAL INTERVIEW - Make sure to interview your photographer face-to-face before making any final decisions. Don't rely solely on an on line portfolio. You will want to get a feel for the person who will be shadowing you on the most special day of your life. And you don't want someone who gives you a weird vibe, or who might disturb your guests.
4. INTERVIEW SEVERAL - Interview several photographers before making a final decision! You may think you love a vendor's portfolio, but then find that you love the next one even more.
5. CONTRACT - Don't rely on a verbal agreement, but choose a photographer that is willing and eager to sign a contract. This will protect both you and the photographer, and ensure that each of you gets what is expected.
6. WEDDING SPECIALIST - Choose a professional whose main service is wedding photography to guarantee they are skilled at what they do. Many wedding service providers, including caterers and bridal gown shops, offer package deals that include photos with their services. If the photographer does weddings as a secondary specialty, however, these services may not produce the high quality results of someone who makes a career solely out of taking wedding photos. Use the on line reviews and personal interviews to sort this out.
Brides will want to look back at photos of their wedding day, when they wore their special wedding dress, and think fondly of the occasion. Securing a great photographer will help ensure this happens! For more tips on planning a wedding stay, tuned in to our blog!