A Wedding Planner will bring knowledge and relationships to help produce a stunning wedding experience. But how should you decide on which wedding planner to use?
Choosing a wedding planner is a very important step and will determine how the wedding day goes. You need to be careful to make sure you choose the right person, just like you need to choose the right wedding gown, so you aren't left in a lurch when the magic moment arrives.
In order to help you find the best wedding planner, here are a number of pivotal questions to ask during the interview. These 15 questions will tell you just about everything you need to know about the wedding planner in question!
- Have you received your wedding plannng certification? If so, from where?
- Is this your full-time job or do you have another job?
- Exactly what services do you provide and are these outlined in a written contract?
- Can you tell me about the biggest challenges you've faced while planning a wedding?
- Are you a member of a wedding association that requires regular training and continued education? [The Association of Bridal Consultants is perhaps the most established organization in the wedding industry.]
- How long have you been planning weddings, and do you have a business license? The more established planners will typically have the business license while part-timers and new planners may not.
- How many clients will you take on at once?
- Will you have other clients during the month of our wedding?
- Do you anticipate any problems or conflicts related to the date of our wedding?
- Do you have back-up plans if things go unexpectedly on the day of the wedding? What if my venue burns to the ground? What if I spill red wine on my wedding dress? Can you arrange for emergency wedding dress repairs or stain removal? What if your caterer shuts its doors? What if your photographer suddenly becomes ill? It is likely that none of these wedding emergencies will happen, but accpetable answers to these situations shows the breadth of knowledge and relationships that the wedding planner possesses...and the ability to think quickly (which is important for wedding planners).
- Do you have networks for finding a wedding dress or getting wedding gown alterations?
- Are you open to hiring our choice of wedding vendors, or do you work only with specific vendors?
- Do you take a commission, or receive a discount, from any of the vendors you recommend? How will this affect getting me the lowest prices from the vendors?
- Will you be present at all vendor meetings to discuss details?
- What will happen if you are ill on the day of my wedding?
The answers that appeal to you will depend on your tastes, but these questions are sure to give a good idea about whether or not you want to work with a certain wedding planner. Good luck!
Solving Wedding Gown Problems in Alabama, Florida, Mississippi and Georgia
We are Certified Wedding Gown SpecialistsTM in Birmingham, Alabama serving the Southeast. Endorsed by the Association of Bridal Consultants.Champion Wedding Gown Specialist2548 Rocky Ridge RoadBirmingham, AL 35243205.588.4120