The wedding gown that you’re wearing is just exquisite…and no one suspects that it’s a pre-owned wedding dress!
Every little girl daydreams about her wedding day. You visualize the moment when you’re walking down the aisle with your arm wrapped around your father’s arm, and your family and friends are sitting in their seats in the church you attend each Sunday morning.
If you’ve decided to look for a used wedding dress, the most important thing is that it fits your body in a way that’s flattering. The last thing that you want to worry about on your wedding day is feeling uncomfortable with the fit of your dress.
Here are a few things that you should do when you’re trying to find the perfect dress:
- Know the styles that interest you and focus on those styles. Wear out the Internet looking for the right style for you. Research the styles that will best flatter your figure. Once you have focused in on the styles you like, then look for the dress that's your size in those styles.
- Identify more than one style that will flatter you. You'll end up with more than choices that way.
- Be aware that previously worn wedding dresses may have been altered so a size 10 may now be a size 9. Some Internet sites will allow the seller of the dress to list body measurements so those sites might be helpful.
- Wedding dress sizes don't seem to follow casual dress sizes. Forget the number...focus on the fit!
- Buy the dress that fits your biggest body part and have the wedding dress altered down from there. It is easier to alter down a size than up.
By now you’ve probably realized that you have to take the same approach in finding the correct size in second-hand wedding dresses as you do for a new one.
Just remember that the size in the label of used wedding dresses may not be the actual size of the dress after original alterations.
Need Help With A Pre-Owned Wedding Dress in Birmigham?